Wednesday, October 28, 2009

JUDO: Morning workout.

I woke up early this morning went outside and began to warm up by stretching and then got into some calisthenics. First up was a set of Hindu Squats. Hindu squats are simply a great excercise for building explosive power and strengthening the lower back, calves, and chest as well as increasing lung capacity. Done properly they can build real power in a short period of time. In order to reap the rewards from Hindu the squat, proper attention must be paid to form and breathing.

A set of Hindu squats was followed by a set of regular push ups and then some Hindu Push ups. Then back to a set of hindu squats followed by knuckle push ups, and palm in push ups. Then I did a third set of hindu squats followed by more push ups. Then I moved on to concentrating on my core with sit ups, crunches, V-ups and back raises.

I then switched to some weight training working with dumbells. I did front and side lateral raises 3 sets of each and then moved on to triceps extensions finishing up with dumbell preacher curls and alternating dumbell curls.

1 comment:

  1. You got me in pain reading this...hindu squats...damn...I will be back on them tonight.

    ReplyDelete

free counters